Sunday, November 16, 2008

global warming

its never going to be winter around here. its unbearable. the potential piles up stacking blocks a nervous game of jenga and i wear t-shirts outside at night. it snowed once two days ago. the first snow. it melted by noon. the great Release taunts but does not come. i keep taking off clothes, one at a time as much as i can, and the threshold looms opaque. air flows through me into my lungs through filters, through organs, cell walls, in and out. out as carbon flavored. i'm at a pinnacle. no one knows it. i'm reaching, everything building. time flows through me into my lungs, no filters, through my spine and into something other than ground. this makes me extremely cold. not cold but the panic of cold. global warming must be a myth. warming is something caused by information overload. too many carbon molecules beating their magnetic fists against the light.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this. Especially the last few lines, but the rhythm of the whole thing feels very natural.

8:16 PM  
Blogger jessica said...

thank you colin. its strange to read it back and realize the subject about which i was writing is all but completely hidden.

i wonder if i could write a poetry book of physics.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

physics poetry. yes. do it.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home